Attraction of international students, development of cooperation with foreign partner universities is one of the priorities for the Faculty of Journalism. The Faculty of Journalism has about 200 international students from neighboring countries and beyond: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Iraq, Italy, Kazakhstan, China, Lithuania, Morocco, Moldova, Turkey, Ukraine, South Korea, Estonia and others.
Foreign citizens can enter the Faculty of Journalism on a contract basis according to specific rules.
All documents should be submitted personally by the applicant at the Faculty of Journalism at the address: Moscow, Mokhovaya str. 9, room 316.
Entrance examinations are held at MSU only.
Please be aware that the main language of instruction at the Faculty of Journalism (BA, MA, PhD) is Russian. The admission committee does not require any language certificates to be presented upon arrival, but your level of Russian will be tested during entrance examinations. We advise you to consider this issue carefully to ensure that your level of the Russian language is appropriate for a full-time study at MSU.
List of documents required
In order to be admitted to the entrance examination, admission committee of the Faculty of Journalism must be provided with the following documents:
- degree certificates (duly legalized) showing the qualification (degree) awarded, courses taken and ratings on them:
Bachelor degree (BSc / BA) - certificate of complete secondary education;
Master degree (MSс/MA) – Bachelor’s degree or Specialist’s degree;
Doctoral degree (PhD) – Master’s degree or Specialist’s degree;
- translation of the aforementioned degree certificates and marks on learned subject notarized by the notary of the Russian Federation;
- certificate of equivalence of degree certificate, received abroad, in a standard form (issued in the Russian Federation);
- A copy of the first two pages of the passport;
- A copy of the visa for entry into the Russian Federation;
- A copy of the migration card;
- Six matte photos 3x4 cm;
- Application form for admission to Lomonosov Moscow State University in a standard form (to be filled in at MSU).
Faculty of Journalism provides foreign applicants with a standard visa invitation. This invitation should be used when applying for a student visa in a Russian consulate in a country of permanent residence.
In order to receive a visa invitation, one should submit (by e-mail – see contact information below) for consideration the following documents:
• an application form;
• a scanned copy of the first two pages of the passport.
After consideration of the documents submitted, the Faculty of Journalism sends an invitation to enter the Russian Federation. Execution of invitation takes about 2.5 months, so it’s important to send these documents no later than 3 months before the start of classes. The fall semester starts on September 1st, the spring semester – in mid-February.
Please enquire about visa procedure in the Russian embassy in your country. Surname, name and patronymic (if any) of entrant specified in the translations of documents submitted must comply with surname, name and patronymic (if any) of entrant specified in the entry visa.
If you have any questions or would like to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Contact person: Maria Putseva
Tel. +7 (495) 629 45 94